This type of house mold can be seen on walls, spoiled food, insulation, wallpaper and carpet. It is typically found around damp areas and near food that has gone bad. It typically appears in a blue or greenish color. The spores can cause allergic reactions but are not nearly as toxic as black mold. The discovery of penicillium helped aid the finding of penicillin which is used for treatment of bacterial infections. However, you do not want to have this type of mold in your home. It can easily be spread onto other areas of your home from trapped moisture. SERVPRO of Sumter offers free visual, non invasive mold inspections to help you determine the best ways to clean and treat any growth you may have.